Tuesday, May 7, 2013

ORB: DERBY-ON, TRIPLE CROWN STRONG

Some players, who missed the jump on Orb, are crediting his victory to the wet track, but that's like saying Cigar won the Breeders' Cup Classic because of the heavy conditions.  Poo-hoo, they both won in spite of the track.
Wet track, dry track, sugar frosted, rainbow sprinkles, or chocolate chips, it didn't matter what the surface was Orb was always going to win.  Run the race a hundred times over and he'd still get the roses.  He was bred for the purpose of winning the Kentucky Derby.  He was headed to the winner's circle from the day his wobbly legs hit the stall floor and he stood up for the very first time.  He has the pedigree, is born into racing royalty, and the karma of being long awaited.
I believe Orb is the One.  I bet him in his first few starts when he was just finding out what racing was all about.  I've been saying Orb, Orb, Orb since last year and couldn't understand him going off at 6-1.  But horse racing is fickle and I couldn't comprehend Golden Soul running second either.
I've never been to the Preakness but intend to make the pilgrimage this year; it will be a bucket list tick for me.  Although I missed out on going to the Kentucky Derby this May, I always try to get to the Belmont Stakes.  I'm confident Orb, will win the Triple Crown and break the curse; it's his destiny.  Then, if his racing career continues, I foresee him winning the Travers Stakes, the Breeder's Cup Classic, and the World Cup in Dubai before he goes to stud.
Congratulations and,
Good Luck ORB!

No comments:

Post a Comment